Sunday, March 05, 2006

You Cannot Exceed My Need For Jerry Reed

Seriously, you can't. Reed -- or, as I like to call him, The Pabst Blue Ribbon Of American Music -- is hands down the single most overlooked, underrated musical genius to bridge the 20th and 21st centuries.

Think his story begins and ends with Smokey and the Bandit's "East Bound and Down?" Then allow me to direct you to such eternal classics as "Amos Moses," "Guitar Man," "When You're Hot, You're Hot," "Another Puff," and my personal favorite, "Uptown Poker Club" -- not to mention countless others.

Bottom line is, if you don't have any Jerry Reed in your music collection, odds are you're an idiot.

----------
P.S. I can't take credit for this post's headline; it's lifted from former punk-country rocker/current Sirius "Outlaw Country" DJ Mojo Nixon. None of which diminishes the veracity of the statement.

No comments: